Pressure cooking is the process of cooking food, in a sealed vessel known as a pressure cooker.
Pressure cookers help to seal all nutrients in the food and save energy by cooking up to 3 times faster than conventional cooking methods.
Pressure cookers heat food quickly because the internal steam pressure from the boiling liquid causes saturated steam to bombard and cook the food.
Two main things happen with high pressure steam – the boiling point of the water in the pot raises which in turn cooks food faster and the pressure raises, forcing liquid into the food.
When liquid and moisture is forced into the food quickly, not only does it cook the food faster, it also helps improve the cooking of certain foods, such as making meat, beans and peas very tender.
In conventional cooking, water boils at 100° at standard pressure and the water evaporates as steam. In a pressure cooker, the trapped steam causes the internal temperature and pressure to rise resulting in superheated water. After use, the pressure is slowly released so that the vessel can be safely opened.
- Foods retain more nutrients, vitamins and minerals and are tastier.
- A wide range of foods can be cooked in the pressure cooker.
- Can be used on charcoal, gas, electricity and with much care on firewood cookstoves
- Saves energy (electricity, charcoal, firewood or gas) as cooking is done in just one container on one heat source.
- Reduces cooking time to up to 30% of normal cooking time, thereby reducing fuel costs as well
- Less washing by eliminating splashes and boil overs.
- Six in-built safety features to eliminate accidents when operating the pressure cooker
- Pressure regulator
- Spring safety valve
- Metallic safety valve
- Gasket release system
- Double locking system
- Shroud cap
- Bakelite handles – durable and heat resistant.
- Thick base for durability and even heating.
- Very low hissing sound for a quieter environment
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- Main Cooker Body
- Main Body Handle
- Auxiliary Body handle
- Cooker Cover (lid)
- Lid handle
- Pressure Regulator
- Sealing Ring or Gasket
- Instruction sheet –