Maxical Tablet is used to prevent & treat vitamin D and calcium deficiency in the elderly. This medicine works by slowing down the process of old bone growth, which provides the bone-forming cells time to reconstruct a healthy bone. This medicine helps to maintain the bone structure. Maxical is also used to treat osteoporosis patients who are at risk of vitamin D and calcium deficiency. S Maxical is also used to treat osteoporosis patients who are at risk of vitamin D and calcium deficiency
This product contains calcium and Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol /colecalciferol).
Ingredients and Benefits
- Calcium: It is essential for functioning of like nerve, muscles, cells and bone strength.
- Vitamin D3: It increases the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine. It is crucial for bone strength. Due to lack of vitamin D, you may experience fractures, muscle pain, weakness.
Uses of Maxical
- For treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency
- For treatment of osteoporosis
- In special populations like elderly, pregnancy, breast feeding who need vitamin D and calcium supplements
Side effects of Maxical
- Vomiting, nausea
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling thirsty
- Bone pain
- Stomach pain
- Frequent urination
- Muscle weakness
- High level of calcium in urine
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if
- You are allergic to vitamin D, calcium or any other ingredients of this medicine, do not take in this case
- Do not take it if you have high level of calcium or vitamin D in blood, high level of calcium in urine, kidney stones or are bed ridden
- You are suffering from tissue calcification (deposit of calcium in body tissues)
- You are suffering from malabsorption
- You have kidney problems or blood cancer
- You are taking any other product containing vitamin D or calcium
- You have high levels of cholesterol, then caution is needed
- Never take thyroid medicine and this product together
Directions for Use of Maxical
- Take this medicine as your doctor has advised you.
- Take it preferably after the evening meal.
- This vitamin is known to accumulated in the fat and liver, so excessive use or use for prolonged period can be detrimental.
- Do not take too much of this medicine as this may lead to overdose.
Which foods are good source of vitamin D?
- Very few food products are good source of vitamin D like cod liver oil, cheese, egg yolk.
- Vitamin D is formed under our skin when we are exposed to sun.
- Sun exposure 10 am to 3pm atleast twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help prevent vitamin deficiency.
Why should one take vitamin D?
- With current lifestyle, we are all based indoors in air-conditioned offices, houses and cars; with hardly any exposure to the sun.
- This is leading to increased vitamin D deficiency in all age groups and more fractures, muscles weakness.
- There is lot of research happening suggesting that vitamin D may have role in preventing onset of diabetes, cancers like colon, breast, help build immunity.
This is health supplement; can it be harmful if I take it too much?
- Yes, taking too much can be harmful. There is a misconception that too much of vitamins is not harmful.
- When taken in excess or in high doses for too long excessive vitamin D and calcium can cause overdose.
- Overdose can cause loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, kidney stones, bone pain, excessive thirst, increased calcium in blood, urine, muscle weakness, irregular heartbeat.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, stop taking it and contact your pharmacist or Doctor immediately.